Wednesday, December 26, 2007

More Done

Phew, did a little more. I got my guy to walk. And I figured out how to use classes and junk. I have a class for my character now. Of course, there's some stuff I should do to optimize it, to ready it for possible changing resolutions, but I'll get around to that later.

Next up is something I completely forget how to do. I need to make it so that I can turn in place, rather than automatically walking in the new direction. Then, I need to make it so that I have smooth walking, without that little jerk at the beginning. Now, I know what some of you are saying. "Flag the keys being pressed, and you won't have that pause!" Well, fuck you all. That makes my game too fast. I had a way of doing it with just the keyPressed() code, and that's what I'm going with.

It's almost one in the morning, so I think I will finally call it in, and get ready for sleep. Tomorrow I will look at the old code I have for that, and find a way to implement it into the current programming.

No comments: