Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Defrag

My computer has not been defragmented in a long time. So I cleared off a lot of stuff, and I am going to start a defrag right now. Later, people. A lot later, depending on how much stuff I need is on my hard drive.

EDIT: Okay, that took nowhere near as much time as I thought it would. It took longer to free up the space needed to defrag in the first place. And apparently my D drive needs no defrag. So, it being only nine at night, I am ready for the programming to continue. In four hours, you shall see me post, "So, it being only one in the morning, I am going to do some more programming." I am, I admit, somewhat obsessed. But, I have reason to be; I only have just over two weeks until college begins. A new semester, six classes, friends who live with me, not nearly as much free time.

Well, I only have one class on Monday and Friday, so there's time then.

EDIT TWO: Running a virus scan, and later a spyware scan. My Explorer.exe is, for some reason, randomly consuming 50-60 percent of my processing capabilities. I don't mind it so much, I suppose, except for the fact that I'm afraid it is degrading the performance of my Java compilations. More later.

EDIT THREE: ~60,000 files scanned, and nothing yet. Unfortunately, there are 300,000 to 400,000 files on my computer. Maybe a little less, since I just deleted a few programs, and games. Now I start on NPCs. Damn, this is tough.

No comments: