Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Fixed Something I Didn't Even Know Was Broke

So, I started noticing this little thing where the character started out on a tree. It was fine to move, and of course I couldn't move back onto the tree. So I decided to change the starting position of the character. Unfortunately, I noticed that the playerPosX, and playerPosY numbers seemed to dictate where the character would come up on the screen, not in the field. Well, I fixed it. I had to add two variables, ones that measure the initial distance from the original starting point. This makes me realize I shall have to make a method that initializes all the character information when the game is resumed. I know I should have already thought of that, but hey, this is my first serious game, and I'm learning as I go.

So, now my character is centered on the screen no matter where on the board he starts. I was in the middle of getting the sprites for him up and working, so I shall continue that now.

No comments: