Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Ah, Sleep

I obeyed myself, and went to sleep last night without programming anymore. I woke up fresh with no headache, and took a nice, warm shower. And then I got some breakfast and started programming. I have it now so that my character can turn in place, and I also have him moving smoothly across the board. The method I wrote down last night did work, although it took making a new thread in order to do so.

My only problem with it now is that the pause when turning in place is too long. In the actual game, if you quickly tap the directional pad, the character turns in place. However, if you press it down, the character turns and immediately starts walking. I replicated this in my original program (I looked at that code, tried to adapt it, and promptly trashed it, starting from scratch). But on my program, when you turn and walk, there is a pause (allowing you to otherwise turn in place), before the walking. The rest of my day shall probably be spent getting rid of that pause.

It is almost time for lunch, though, so I may give it a rest for a little while. I also wish to enjoy my copies of Rush Hour and Rush Hour 2 once more. I'll see what I can get done.

Later, peoples.

No comments: