Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Yes

Well, your intrepid programmer has taken ten minutes out of his time, even when he said he was going to be leaving for New York, mind you, to do a little more programming.

I have moved the player to the center of the screen (I made it so that when the drawing section hits the tile that represents where my player is, it leaves the square blank). I have also fixed the screen so that it is centered around the player (it was not, before). Also, since my tiles are 96 pixels in size, they do not stretch completely down to the bottom of my 900 pixel screen. Therefore, there is a small strip at the bottom that shows part of the next couple feet down, and it does not update correctly. I have taken this and covered it with a black bar. In the future, I plan to move the entire screen to the center, and put two small black bars at the top and bottom for more of a widescreen experience.

So now I have a little gray square in the center of my screen. I suppose this can be used to make my collision code before I make the player code. It jumps when I move, because it is not a picture that moves smoothly, but it gets the job done. The player is going to be centered in the screen at all times, turning whichever way you're pointing him, and walking when you walk (runs when you run, fishes, etc.). So that will solve that glaring thing.

I leave in about forty five minutes. I do not think I shall endeavor to program any more until sometime after I get back. I gotta check my Facebook and stuff.

No comments: