Friday, December 28, 2007

Ain't Did Nothin Today

So, today, I did nothing. Nothing to report. Sorry, guys. I was lazy today. Nice to give my brain a break.

I did read up on some stuff, including using JOGL properly in a game (yes, I vowed to lay off it, but I'm always curious). It was complicated. If I am ever going to use it, I'll need at least a book, preferably a class at school.

Soon, after my NPC stuff, I believe I am going to start refactoring my code. I learned that word today. I am going to start splitting stuff up into classes to make things easier, and less complicated (or at least easier to change). I already use a class for my Player (the first time I ever used a second class; my teacher didn't go over them well in high school). I want to branch out and just make my program better.

So, in the unlikely event anyone has ever read my blog, I have spruced things up a tiny bit. I added a link to my video (more links coming soon), and a little info on me. There's also a nifty thing to eMail my posts to people... if there was ever a good reason for doing so.

I think I shall be adding a small tutorial on some basic Swing practices. Mostly, it's because I want to help out some people in my high school, where you get extra credit for using stuff like swing (which you don't get taught). Look for that within a few days, I guess. Whenever I get bored.

That's all for now. I just closed my IDE, so I probably won't be doing any more programming tonight. I definitely want to hang out with my friends tomorrow, so I might not be doing much till Saturday night or Sunday. We'll see.

See ya later, guys.

No comments: