Sunday, January 13, 2008

Basic website template

Well, I worked diligently for several hours, and came up with a workable website template. It is, without a doubt, the simplest, ugliest template you could ever imagine, but I guess that just leaves me room to go up, right?

All it is is the title, the menu bar, two boxes side by side (one larger, for posts, the other smaller for updates), and a copyright bar on the bottom (well, under the two boxes). The background now is black, and the boxes are gray. White text, and orange links complete the picture. It is terrible. But I'm working on it. I'll make pictures and stuff to put in there. The good thing is that the thing is centered, and 1000 pixels wide. So even with a scroll bar, the entire site fits nicely within a 1024X768 resolution.

Right now the thing only uses HTML and CSS. Really, that's all I know. Anything I cannot do with the two of them, I'll do with Javascript (Java has gotten me somewhat more used to it) by looking up the code.

As far as this site's version, I'd say the version number is 0.05. That's right, it's that early and terrible a version.

Eh, tired now. More work on it tomorrow. After coming up with some (at least ten) characters for my novel.

No comments: