Monday, February 25, 2008

Holy Shit I'm Back!

And better than ever! Remember how I whined and complained about how I couldn't figure out JOGL or LWJGL? Well, I still can't. But! But, I can figure out Slick, an engine that wraps around LWJGL and allows morons like me to use it easily. And figure it out i did. I have a test map that performs flawlessly now (no tearing of blurring), and I did it in just a few hours. That includes the player sprites, running, and the smooth scrolling, plus collisions! I remember back when such a thing probably would have taken weeks to do, if not over a month. What a long way I've come.

Anywho, I'd like to post a video of my work, but since my reformatting, I lost my program that did such a thing, and I cannot remember what it was called (it wasn't fraps), so getting it back might be tricky.

I'd like to do something outside of the graphical stuff now, so next on my list of things to do is learning about game states in Slick, and creating the intro/menu stuff.

No comments: