Thursday, December 27, 2007

Ah, Success Is Mine

Yours truly, a mere mortal, has managed to successfully (I believe) install JOGL, the little thing that gives incredible performance in 3D applications, let alone 2D ones. I will vest the rest of the day into learning how to do simple stuff (by their comparisons, all 2D stuff is simple), up to animation. Then, if I feel I am comfortable enough with it, I will convert my entire application (everything I have) to the JOGL system, and finish it there. Won't that be a treat?

I'll just have to find out, eventually, how to make it so that when I get my program onto other computers, everything loads correctly.

EDIT- So, getting the damn stuff installed is one thing. Programming with it is another completely. I finally got one of the examples to work. One of the problems, though, is that when I hit the X up at the top, nothing happens. It won't close. I'll work on it.

EDIT TWO- Yeah, in a record three minutes, I fixed the problem. It actually took longer to open the IDE than it did to fix the program. I changed it from a Frame to a JFrame, which has the EXIT_ON_CLOSE thing. That did the trick. I'm off to learn how to draw images with JOGL.

No comments: